- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) created “We’re for Water” as a national campaign to educate consumers about water-saving behaviors and WaterSense labeled products. The WaterSense label makes it easy to identify products that use less water and perform as well as or better than standard models.
- Whether by replacing an inefficient fixture with a WaterSense labeled product or adopting water-efficient behaviors, we can all take action to save water for future generations.
- Saving is as easy as check, twist, replace.
- Check toilets for silent leaks: put a few drops of food coloring in the tank and wait 10 minutes to flush. If color appears in the bowl, the flapper may need replacing.
- Twist on a WaterSense labeled bathroom faucet aerator to save water and energy at the tap without noticing a difference in flow.
- Replace your showerhead with a WaterSense labeled model that uses less water and energy, but still lets you shower with power.
- Join thousands of your neighbors in We’re for Water. Make simple changes at home to save water and energy.
- Go to epa.gov/watersense to take the I’m for Water pledge. The pledge is also located in documents on www.cincomud8.com.
Water between the hours of 9pm and 6am to avoid evaporation during daylight hours. The NFBWA’s Larry the Talking Sprinkler says you only need to water your lawn twice a week. Cinco MUD 8 recommends watering for 8 minutes for each zone and replace any broken sprinkler heads. See Cinco MUD 8’s site for rebate info.
See http://www.cincomud8.com for rebates on WaterSense Labeled controllers or sprinkler heads.
Cinco MUD 8’s mission is to provide water and sewer services along with residential trash collection to customers within the district’s boundaries. The District is one of only two Water Smart districts named through the Association of Water Board Directors in Cinco Ranch. The District has been a Water Smart district since 2008.