After much consideration, the Cinco MUD 8 Board of Directors (the “Board”) voted unanimously to not incur the additional costs for the 2017 tax year reappraisal for the District through the Fort Bend County Appraisal District (“FB CAD”) as a result of Hurricane Harvey. As you know, Hurricane Harvey caused major flooding and devastation to the District in August, 2017. The Board determined that in assuming a $100,000 reduction in assessed value per home by FB CAD, residents could possibly only receive a refund of approximately $207 after a lengthy reappraisal process. In the best interest of the residents of Cinco MUD 8, the Board voted unanimously to award a credit of $30.00 to the households in the Canyon Gate and South Park Subdivisions of the District for water service billing from November 2017 through May 2018.
- No District reappraisal of Cinco MUD 8 2017 taxes by the Fort Bend County Appraisal District;
- A tax reduction for 2017;
- A $30.00 monthly water bill credit from November 2017 through May 2018 to the residents of the Canyon Gate and South Park Subdivisions of the District;
- The District will apply for FEMA assistance for the costs associated with Hurricane debris removal in the District; and
- Standard monthly water bill base rate of $25 increased to $30 as a result of CINCO MUD 1’s connection fee increase.