CINCO MUD 8 is promoting Fix a Leak Week by hanging a Texas Landscaping Tips Booklet and an Outdoor Tips card on every resident’s door during the week.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) created “We’re for Water” as a national campaign to educate consumers about water-saving behaviors and WaterSense labeled products. The WaterSense label makes it easy to identify products that use less water and perform as well as or better than standard models.
- Whether by replacing an inefficient fixture with a WaterSense labeled product or adopting water-efficient behaviors, we can all take action to save water for future generations.
- Saving is as easy as check, twist, replace.
- Check toilets for silent leaks: put a few drops of food coloring in the tank and wait 10 minutes to flush. If color appears in the bowl, the flapper may need replacing.
- Twist on a WaterSense labeled bathroom faucet aerator to save water and energy at the tap without noticing a difference in flow.
- Replace your showerhead with a WaterSense labeled model that uses less water and energy, but still lets you shower with power.
- Join thousands of your neighbors in We’re for Water. Make simple changes at home to save water and energy.
- Go to epa.gov/watersense to take the I’m for Water pledge. The pledge is also located in documents on www.cincomud8.com.