November is the time to turn off your sprinkler system for the winter. Turn off the water supply to the sprinkler. Winterize your lawn. If you didn’t check your bathrooms during October National Bathroom Month, check for toilet leaks, replace all faucet aerators and install low flow showerheads. Water Conservation is year round. Following these tips will help you conserve water and save money:
- Replace all FAUCET AERATORS annually.
- In the shower, INSTALL LOW-FLOW SHOWERHEADS, and shorten showering times.
- Check TOILETS for LEAKS/if necessary REPLACE with a WATERSENSE HIGH EFFICIENCY TOILET.
- When washing dishes or laundry, wash full loads.
- When watering your lawn, water ONLY TWICE a week.