Cinco MUD 8’s mission is to provide water and sewer services along with residential trash collection to customers within the district’s boundaries. The District is one of only two Water Smart districts named through the Association of Water Board Directors in Cinco Ranch. The District has been a Water Smart district since 2008.
Even after the heavy rain Thursday, the water level at the dam is holding. steady. The gates remain open emptying into Buffalo Bayou. The level is at 92.89′ as of noon Friday.
Key Elevation in Barker Reservoir:
93.1 Low Point of Westheimer Parkway
91.8 Low Point of South Barker Cypress Rd.
Remember irrigation is the highest use of water for your home. If your water bill is over $100/month, adjust your sprinkler. As a precious resource we must learn to conserve water. The easiest way is to monitor your sprinkler system. Most lawns in Cinco MUD 8 are St Augustine grass. For a healthy lawn, roots need to grow deep in the soil. Deeper roots increase drought resistance. Too much watering keeps the roots close to the surface. Follow these tips to enjoy your beautiful lawn throughout the summer at a lower cost:
- Install a wireless rain sensor.
- Water at night between 10pm & 6am. Between 4am & 6am is the best.
- Water twice a week instead of three times. Twice a week is all you need to keep your lawn green and healthy.
- Reduce watering times from 10 / minutes / zone (most systems default time) to 8 minutes / zone and if you need more water, increase in 1 minute intervals.
- Replace worn out sprinkler heads.
- See www.cincomud8.com for rebates on controllers or sprinkler heads.
BARKER RESERVOIR crested at 95.3′ over the weekend. The water level has been dropping ever since. The gates at the Barker Dam have been open pouring water into Buffalo Bayou. The water in the Reservoir is currently at 94.92′ at 1023 am. Once the level reaches 93.2′, Westhemier Parkway will be passable through George Bush Park. Further updates later today.