CINCO MUD 8 is promoting Fix a Leak Week by hanging a Texas Landscaping Tips Booklet and an Outdoor Tips card on every resident’s door during the week.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) created “We’re for Water” as a national campaign to educate consumers about water-saving behaviors and WaterSense labeled products. The WaterSense label makes it easy to identify products that use less water and perform as well as or better than standard models.
- Whether by replacing an inefficient fixture with a WaterSense labeled product or adopting water-efficient behaviors, we can all take action to save water for future generations.
- Saving is as easy as check, twist, replace.
- Check toilets for silent leaks: put a few drops of food coloring in the tank and wait 10 minutes to flush. If color appears in the bowl, the flapper may need replacing.
- Twist on a WaterSense labeled bathroom faucet aerator to save water and energy at the tap without noticing a difference in flow.
- Replace your showerhead with a WaterSense labeled model that uses less water and energy, but still lets you shower with power.
- Join thousands of your neighbors in We’re for Water. Make simple changes at home to save water and energy.
- Go to epa.gov/watersense to take the I’m for Water pledge. The pledge is also located in documents on www.cincomud8.com.
November is the time to turn off your sprinkler system for the winter. Turn off the water supply to the sprinkler. Winterize your lawn. If you didn’t check your bathrooms during October National Bathroom Month, check for toilet leaks, replace all faucet aerators and install low flow showerheads. Water Conservation is year round. Following these tips will help you conserve water and save money:
- Replace all FAUCET AERATORS annually.
- In the shower, INSTALL LOW-FLOW WATERSENSE LABELED SHOWERHEADS, and shorten showering times.
- Check TOILETS for LEAKS / if necessary REPLACE with a WATERSENSE LABELED HIGH EFFICIENCY TOILET.
- When washing dishes or laundry, wash full loads.
- When watering your lawn, water ONLY TWICE a week.
On January 28, 2017, the District won the 2016 Project Award for their superior project in the category of Division III – Water Conservation, from the Association of Water Board Directors – Texas. Pictured, left to right, are Cinco MUD No. 8 Directors Steven Haas, Mark Baird, Douglas Brewer, Daniel Coyer, and Dano Lozano.